Body & Fit is a leading European Direct to Consumer (DTC) retail business focused on performance nutrition. Body & Fit started out as a single store, focused on bodybuilding supplements and dietary products. Now, twenty years later, it’s an online multinational and multimillion euro company that employs over 230 people.
Every day, professional athletes, and everyday fitness enthusiasts all over the world rely on our Performance Nutrition products for their nutritional needs. The increasing global interest in health, wellness and exercise is driving significant growth in the sports nutrition sector and we’re constantly innovating to meet our customers’ evolving needs.
Body & Fit is owned by Glanbia PLC and sits within its Performance Nutrition division, the world’s largest sports nutrition brand family. Glanbia employs over 6,000 people across 32 countries and their products are sold or distributed in over 130 countries with an annual turnover of €3.6 billion.
At Body & Fit, data is key to our decision-making. We are looking for a Web Analyst who can extract value and insight from the data we hold to better understand our customers, their behaviour and the effectiveness of our online marketing strategy and activities and the customer journeys we create on our websites.
- Help us to build our analytics capability to support the business in new and existing markets by championing the use of web analytics data. Act as an agitator and challenge us to take a different course of action where the data shows we should and create new data where needed.
- Build clear and compelling reports and dashboards on websites’ KPIs using several analytics tools to maximise sales driven from marketing content and website merchandising and content. Show us how Body & Fit customers change their shopping behaviour based on the changes we have made to our website so that we can continue to iterate and learn.
- Challenge the status quo - acting as an expert for web analytics across the company.
If you’re passionate about analytics and creating real business results through your work, this could be the perfect role for you. You will have the opportunity to work with a wide range of colleagues and empower them to make smart, commercial decisions based on your data. We’ll give you lots of scope to shape the way in which web analytics data is disseminated and understood across the business.
Position within the organization
The Web Analyst reports to the Head of Marketing. This position is part of the Marketing Team.
Principal Accountabilities Include (not definitive)
- Build reports and dashboards of web analytics to identify trends and drivers, perform exploratory data analysis and present views that will provide visibility into business performance and deliver actionable insight to drive business growth (e.g. sales, margin, traffic and conversion)
- Provide expert advice and recommendations to internal customers within the Marketing team to help them to drive online sales
- Identify, define and deliver deep-dive analysis into specific business areas to support performance improvements e.g. category performance, event analysis
- Monitor and manage customer journeys, working proactively to spot and understand customer behavior and the potential drivers as well as identifying opportunities to optimize site performance, improve the customer experience, acquire new customers, and drive repeat shopping behaviour
- Maintain an awareness of competitive information and key industry trends to provide context for website performance
- Identify and implement the best ways to structure data for end users and how best practice web analytics can be adopted and disseminated across Marketing
- Work closely with colleagues in IT to ensure data and metrics remain robust in a changing technology landscape, with any concerns escalated in a timely manner
Key Challenges and Success Measures
- Delivery of accurate data, analysis and reporting to achieve agreed project deadlines
- New requirements for data are agreed clearly, and are delivered according to (managed) expectations
- Opportunities identified to up-skill colleagues across Marketing in the use of web analytics – allowing them to incorporate data into their day to day practices
- Strong ability to work cross-functionally and independently
- Accurate, timely and complete delivery of data
Experience & Knowledge
- BS/BA in a related field
- Strong knowledge of web analytics software, such as Google Analytics
- Preferably knowledge of Knime
- Knowledge of SQL would be an advantage
- Experience in an international e-commerce environment
- Experience in data extraction, manipulation and automating processes
- Good communicator with the ability to understand business and stakeholder requirements and propose and implement solutions
- Commercially minded and experienced in interpreting data into action-driving insight and recommendations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, managing multiple priorities and challenging deadlines
- Good communication skills with an ability to present data to technical and non-technical audience
- The ability to build and manage effective relationships with a wide range of internal customers and colleagues
- Resilient and proactive attitude that embraces change in a fast-moving environment