Body & Fit is a leading European Direct to Consumer (DTC) retail business focused on performance nutrition. Body & Fit started out as a single store, focused on bodybuilding supplements and dietary products. Now, twenty years later, it’s an online multinational and multimillion euro company that employs over 190 people.
Every day, professional athletes, and everyday fitness enthusiasts all over the world rely on our Performance Nutrition products for their nutritional needs. The increasing global interest in health, wellness and exercise is driving significant growth in the sports nutrition sector and we’re constantly innovating to meet our customers’ evolving needs.
Body & Fit is owned by Glanbia PLC and sits within its Performance Nutrition division, the world’s largest sports nutrition brand family. Glanbia employs over 6,000 people across 32 countries and their products are sold or distributed in over 130 countries with an annual turnover of €3.6 billion.
You will be accountable for designing and delivering the strategic technology roadmap for applications that support the development of B&F propositions.
You need to be a natural leader and able to work closely with all stakeholders to define and deliver the technology strategy for your portfolio for B&F and also develop relationships with colleagues and suppliers to create a pipeline of innovation that drives our business forward and delivers the plans that underpin that strategy.
Your portfolio will be made up of the eCommerce platform Hybris within the eCommerce architecture of B&F.
Senior eCommerce Product Owner should have not only develop strategy but should also execute and deliver with the teams (as a product owner does):
- Assess value, develop cases, and prioritize stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy
- Provide backlog management, iteration planning, and elaboration of the user stories
- Ensure that the team always has an adequate amount of prior prepared tasks to work on
- Plan and prioritize product feature backlog and development for the product
Principal Accountabilities Include (not definitive)
- Work closely and collaboratively with multiple internal stakeholders to create, agree and iterate the vision and roadmap to underpin the ongoing development of B&F propositions which end users love to use
- Be accountable for the end to end definition, delivery and ongoing operation of all digital products relating to your portfolio
- Work closely with other Product Owners and external partners
- Support and determine the investment cases for products within your area, taking responsibility of the agreed business benefits and ROI for products within your portfolio
- Continuous engagement of all stakeholders across functional business teams, winning their hearts and minds and providing digital product leadership for colleagues
- Create, develop and maintain 3rd party supplier relationships
Key Challenges and Success Measures
- Successful definition and execution of product strategy across your portfolio
- Exceptional stakeholder engagement and satisfaction
- Effective agile process and cross functional communication
- Delivering continuous improvements to colleague and customer satisfaction
- Recognition as the “go to” leader for this portfolio – removing blockers, working collaboratively and adaptively to constantly delight and meet the needs of your internal customers
- Promote continuous development
Experience & Knowledge
- BA/BSc degree or equivalent practical experience
- Track record of delivering complex technology change in a fast-paced organisation
- Track record of managing multiple stakeholders and strong examples of clear and concise communication
- History of successfully delivering cross functional projects and a strong understanding of both Agile and Waterfall project delivery methodologies
- Strong understanding of eCommerce
- Passion for data management and analytics, and great user experience
- Exceptional leadership and influencing skills
- Exceptional communication skills with stakeholders at all levels
- Commitment to delivering change and solving complex challenges
- Highly analytical and methodical approach to problem solving
- Commercial awareness
- Drive to deliver the very best product
- Great organisational and prioritisation skills
- Entrepreneurial drive, creative thinker with a vision
- Passion for customers, retail, digital products & technology