Body & Fit is a leading European Direct to Consumer (DTC) retail business focused on performance nutrition. Body & Fit started out as a single store, focused on bodybuilding supplements and dietary products. Now, twenty years later, it’s an online multinational and multimillion euro company that employs over 230 people.
Every day, professional athletes, and everyday fitness enthusiasts all over the world rely on our Performance Nutrition products for their nutritional needs. The increasing global interest in health, wellness and exercise is driving significant growth in the sports nutrition sector and we’re constantly innovating to meet our customers’ evolving needs.
Body & Fit is owned by Glanbia PLC and sits within its Performance Nutrition division, the world’s largest sports nutrition brand family. Glanbia employs over 6,000 people across 32 countries and their products are sold or distributed in over 130 countries with an annual turnover of €3.6 billion.
The Regulatory Manager is responsible for ensuring Body & Fit product quality meets regulatory requirements for food within France/Germany. The role holder does this by maintaining a comprehensive knowledge of French/German regulatory requirements, including emerging legislation, to ensure that products are compliant.
The role holder is also responsible for acting as Body & Fit’s representative in engagements with the French/German regulator and managing any local regulatory issues e.g. complaints.
Principal Accountabilities Include (not definitive)
- Act as an internal expert on the relevant regulations in the German/French market and provide guidance and advice to internal stakeholders (e.g. R&D, Marketing) on a range of issues including the suitability and compliance of our product range on a product level for sale in your market
- Make recommendations to the Quality Assurance Manager on the course of action that should be taken in your market regarding food safety and food quality and regulation
- Using your knowledge of the French/German market and food legislation, identify and resolve issues and advise stakeholders in a commercially pragmatic but compliant manner
- Inform the overall Body & Fit approach to quality by providing insight and expertise on quality and regulatory issues (including changes) relating to France/Germany to the Quality Assurance Manager
- Act on behalf of Body & Fit in regards to food safety/quality/regulatory issues with the French/Belgian/German authorities, including preparing responses
- Advise Marketing on the relevant rules which apply in relation to other legislation such as packaging/REACH/advertising e.g. decide whether labels should be amended with immediate action
- Organise and co-ordinate temporary projects
- Support the QA Manager in the implementation and maintenance of HACCP. Understand how we classify our product groups and what the outcomes of the risk analysis is
- Monitor emerging legislation and upstream new legislation, making recommendations to the Quality Assurance Manager on required changes
- Screen the B&F French/German website for regulatory statements and claims
Experience & Knowledge
- Higher education/MSc degree in Food (technology) or equivalent
- 7 year’s experience in a similar role in the food industry regarding technical and regulatory information in the French/German market
- Fluent verbal and written German/French
- Knowledgeable on the French/German intervention policy of the authorities
- Expertise in general administrative law in France/Germany and the potential penalties for a violation
- Knowledge of food supplements, herbs or botanicals
- Knowledge of the HACCP system
- Analytical and attention to detail
- Prioritisation and multi-tasking skills
- Good communication skills including the ability to write management and technical reports for external third parties
- Relationship management skills including the ability to work effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders
- The ability to influence at all levels of the company
- Resilience and integrity
- A continuous improvement mindset to identify and implement changes and improvements regarding quality;
- Pragmatic approach and the ability to translate and operationalise regulations